Thanks to John Foster, once again, for our show notes:
- Talkshoe and the Street Sheet is in our future.
- What will you complain about now? A two tierpricing system? Later Barnes & Noble or Amazon. Grubar has some thoughts. Shipping later.
- Buy the iPod that John Kerry didn't want. Shipping isn't included in the final price
- Google Desktop has some sweet features. Now shipping.
- IRC? Who still uses IRC.
- Jobs says video will never be unDRM'd. As movies have always been DRM'd.
- Nothing else happened this week. No new Mac. No Octo. Check the Buyers Guide first.
- Drinks on the roof. Stand by while they finish building it.
- Baseball multi-watcher works on Mac's this year! Go Giants!
- Escher graphics engine drives the next version of Office for Mac. Shipping later.
- People that use 3x5 cards for presentations.
- Freaking Safari crashes all the time for whatever reason. New version shipping later.
- Beatles shipping later.
- MailSmith still doesn't do IMAP.
- Mac SE Backpack. Dork.
- Speed up H.264 with a USB thingy. Shipping to Europe only.
- USB 2.0 speeds are plenty fast enough.
- ON2 video is pretty.
Picks of the Week
- Andy ran out of disk space and found out where it went by running Omni Disk Sweeper. Ships for free.
- Scott just bought a new Mac (D'oh!) but it didn't come with the latest Graphic Converter. Universal version now shipping.
- Photoshop CS3 and all it's brothers not shipping until later. Who uses Fireworks?
- OmniGraffle has a mind map feature.
- GIMP runs on Mac but why would you want to?
- Alex is now warning you about Desktop Tower Defense. Told you. If you play log your score to the MBW group. Sound effects are from Lemmings.
- Leo is process reviewing iGTD.
- Merlin watches Battle Star using VLC.
John recommends these Onions.