The iMac turns 10, WWDC in June, expect a 3G iPhone, the iPhone App Store, Drobo and more.
- Scott joined the panel live in the TWiT studio.
- Scott and Leo like TCHO chocolate.
- The iMac turns 10 this week. It didn't get much publicity from Macworld or other publications when first released.
- New, faster iMacs released last week.
- Another Mac clone, similar to Psystar, has been spotted on eBay.
- Andy's Eee PC has good audio quality.
- Leo predicts that Apple will release the 3G iPhone at WWDC (June 9-13).
- iPhone SDK beta 5 was released this week.
- The TWiT studio has just hooked up a TriCaster.
- Alex geeks out on the MatrixStore, a RAID based system designed to archive work from a Final Cut Pro workflow. Costs about 71 Alexes.
- Everyone on the panel is Drobotized. DroboShare uses the Drobo for networked strorage.
- The effect of the now defunct Microsoft-Yahoo deal on Apple.
- Pixelcorps Alex/Pixelcorps will be teaching a visual effects bootcamp and podcasting bootcamp in June.
This week's picks:
- Leo Laporte: Times, for giving your RSS feeds the newspaper look, $30.
- Andy Ihnatko: The Misadventures of Steve and Steve, free.
- Alex Lindsay: Simulate physics with Phun 3.5
- Scott Bourne: a combination of FotoMagico, $49 and Aperture 2, $199
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.