Apple to report earnings, Apple sales up big time, Mac security, iPhone and more.
- Apple earnings call. Mac sales reach for the sky. Was this the "Vista Bump?"
- A discussion on Mac security, for some Mac security tips, see this.
- Jim Cramer says "buy Apple stock" on CNBC's "Stop Trading!", and thinks that iPhone 2.0 is game, set and match
- What is Apple's "Conversation?" Jim Cramer says it's going to be huge. Could it be something to do with the confirmed iPhone IM related product?
- Leo mentions the T-Mobile Sidekick, the "Blackberry for the younger generation."
- Leo might use the Newtek Tricaster for his new live streaming. Scott wants to get to press the myriad of buttons and switches
- Scott saw the Tricaster while presenting at NAB.
- While it is $10,000, the Tricaster is actually a very good deal; it replaces million dollar boards.
- Could Leo turn into that guy with the wierd accent when he starts streaming, could this turn into "Sundays with Leo?"
- PayPal has backed down on the EV-SSL issue, however, you will not be able to access PayPal if you use IE4 on Win95
- WebKit is cool
- Tommy Bahamas crops up for some reason
- Apple Buys P.A. Semi, designer of the PowerPC. The hosts agree it's probably for mobile devices
- Scott thinks the Newton is back (Now with 4-bit display)
- The first Apple-Intel commercial is now void... (for years, the Intel chip, trapped inside PCs...)
- Andy says there is a tablet in Apple's future, and it's not an iPhone. Is it yellow? The panel has given up on second-guessing Steve Jobs
Audible Pick (courtesy of Andy Ihnatko):
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire (Abridged). If you want the first 3 volumes of this book and more (over 120 hours), see this
- Today, an iCal helper, $15, From Alex Lindsay
- Geophoto (from OVOlabs), for geo-tagging your photos, $24.95, from Leo Laporte
- Freedom. Take time out from the Internet, donations accepted, from Andy Ihnatko
- Fotomagico, a better photo presenter, $49, From Scott Bourne
Shownotes by Shash
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.