Dec 19th 2007
MacBreak Weekly 70
Happy Life Day
Hosted by Leo Laporte, Alex Lindsay, Andy Ihnatko, Chris Breen, Merlin Mann, Scott Bourne
Anticipation of Macworld, GarageBand 4.1.1 sends tunes to iPhone, and our software picks...
Records live every Tuesday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Its the MacBreak Weekly Year Ender!
- Merlin is back! (note, Merlin may return to e-darkness until February with the exception of Macworld)
- The iCal whine returns! Merlins trademark Mac whine returns for a cameo....
- Did I mention this is one of the longest MBW's ever, almot 2 hours! You really get what you pay for here at MacBreak Weekly (In fact, i have not been able to eat for days, writing shownotes for this show was impossible, its the first time I had to DRAFT shownotes)
- DO NOT! REPEAT NOT! Email Leo to get MBW's present to you this holiday season. If you want to get the PDF of Merlins Mannerisms, a date book with quotes from Merlin Mann, just click here
- Merlin mentions the one thing George Lucas has spend all his money trying to destroy: the Star Wars Holiday Special
- Andy actually cut a mildly entertaining movie from it in the pre-imovie days! (Andy Ihnatko: If there was a checkbox on life that said "stop sucking", I would be able to click it, my examples include Comic Sans and the Star Wars Holiday Special)
- Happy Life Day! For all wookies and Star Wars geeks everywhere!
- Shash: Thank god i was not alive when the Star Wars Holiday Special was released
- Merlin: Things were different in 1978, i would watch Darth Vader make hashbrowns
- Macworld Predictions!
- The big-iPhone, small-macbook, tablet, touch, sub-notebook, thing! The Apple Rumour Mill builds a rumour aggregator!
- Nobody has any idea what is going to happen, face it, but we do know one thing:
- It will be cool! (but we don't know how cool, it might be leopard cool, tiger-when-it-came-out cool, iPhone cool, Newton cool, 1995-called-again cool, we don't know, but it WILL be cool)
Picks, Due to the length of this episode the picks section has temporarily been renamed: things people mentioned which you will probably/and/or/may/ like.
- From Alex Lindsay ProCable iPhone Headphone Adapter at Radtech for $7.95
- From Scott Bourne iPhone Fully Loaded by Andy Ihantko for $19.99
- from Scott Bourne iPhone Pocket Guide by Chris Breen for $9.99
- From Andy Ihantko Black Ink at Red Sweater Software for $24.95
- From Alex Lindsay Caffeine at Lighthead Software for FREE
- From Leo Laporte MoodBlast at http://blog.circlesixdesign.com/download/moodswing/ for FREE from Leo Laporte
- From Scott Bourne Monster iCableLink Headphone Adapter for iPhone (link provided to apple store, also available is the Shure iPhone adapter, which also has the special headset features) for $9.95
- From Andy Ihantko ecto at infinie-sushi for $17.95
- From Chris Breen MicPort Pro at Centrance for $124.95
- Patrick Stewart's A Christmas Carol at Audible for FREE with special offer from Andy Ihantko
- MenuCalendarClock at Objectpark Software for $19.95 (orginally picked by Leo, when Leo picked it, Merlin hated it, but hey, when its Merlins pick its....Merlins pick?)
- Remote Buddy at IOspirit.com for 19.99 EUROS (Please check your local exhange rates)
- FlexTime at Red Sweater Software for $18.95
- Perpetuate the bad content! The Star Wars Holiday Special (YouTube)
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.