China blogging, iWeb, AT&T iPhone exclusivity, hot 3GS, Steve back at work, and more.
- Leo will be blogging during his trip to China
- Likewise, Don has set up a blog using Apple's iWeb
- Will pressure from the FCC force non-exclusivity of the iPhone in the United States?
- The consensus among the panelists seems to be that Verizon has the best coverage overall in the US
- Is the iPhone 3GS getting too hot, and are the white versions turning brown? Some users are reporting issues with this.
- Check availability of iPhone 3GS online before going to an Apple Store
- Steve Jobs has returned to work at Apple
- Adobe is closing their North American offices for the July 4th week as a cost savings measure
Picks of the week:
- Don McAllister: Fiwi - Free Trial; $0.99
- Alex Lindsay: AutoStitch iPhone - $1.99
- Scott Bourne: White Noise - $1.99
- Leo Laporte: AudioBoo - Free
- Andy Ihnatko: Amazon Kindle DX - $489.00
Audible pick of the week: The Food of a Younger Land: The WPA's Portrait of Food in Pre-World War II America, Unabridged, By Mark Kurlansky, Narrated by Stephen Hoye. For a free audiobook, visit Audible.com/macbreak.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.