Apple Java vulnerability, Palm Pre with iTunes, Microsoft Bing, Zune HD vs. iPod, and more.
- Apple releases iTunes 8.2 and QuickTime 7.6.2
- Macworld article about the current state of Mac security
- Apple has failed to patch a Java security vulnerability despite it being a known issue
- Macworld.com provides steps to protect your browser
- Palm says that the Pre will sync directly with iTunes Did the iTunes 8.2 update break this functionality preemptively?
- Jon Lec Johansen aka "DVD Jon" thinks that Palm is spoofing Apple USB Vendor and Product ID's to achieve this.
- Leo predicts that Apple will announce AND ship a new version of the iPhone on June 7, 2009.
- Several Recent Microsoft Announcements
- Is Microsoft Bing a viable competitor to Google?
- Will the Zune HD be a viable competitor to the iPod Touch?
- Project Natal provides a way to play games on the XBOX 360 without a controller
- Google Wave
- When will Mac OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" ship, and what will the benefits be?
Picks of the week:
- Leo Laporte: Prezi - Free; or paid options
- Alex Lindsay: Autodesk Mudbox; 3D digital sculpting andtexture painting - Free Trial; $745
- Scott Bourne: Hulu Desktop - Free
- Andy Ihnatko: EasyBloom Plant Sensor - $59.95
Audible pick of the week: iWoz: How I Invented the Personal Computer and Had Fun Along the Way, Unabridged, By Steve Wozniak and Gina Smith, Narrated by Patrick Lawlor. For a free audiobook, visit Audible.com/macbreak.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.