Jun 7th 2019
This Week in Enterprise Tech 345
WISPA: Broadband For All
Battling Fake news takes a toll on Snopes, the rise of ransomware, give your password to police or go to jail, thousands of iOS apps are turning off security, the cause of last week's big Google disruption, spreading disinformation with A.I., and Claude Aiken from the Wireless Internet Service Provider Association (WISPA), on filling the broadband gap around the country, and hitting locations bypassed by the big ISP's. Also, another installment of Cheebert's Kitchen: Solving VoIP/UC One-way Audio Problems.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-enterprise-tech.
- Tacoma-based Snopes, debunker of fake news, is locked in a nasty legal dispute
- Cisco Buys Sentryo
- Baltimore Ransomware Attacker Was Behind Now-Suspended Twitter Account
- Give up your password or go to jail: Police push legal boundaries to get into cellphones
- Researchers Finds Thousands of iOS Apps Ignoring Security
- Huawei's voice in future tech standards restricted
- THE CATCH-22 THAT BROKE THE INTERNET
- How A.I. Could Be Weaponized to Spread Disinformation
- The Minefield of Corporate Email