Mar 28th 2016
Tech News Today 1479
Cracks in the VR Kumbaya
Tonight we're joined by cartoonist and podcaster Scott Johnson from My Extra Life and Frogpants Studios. First, we talk about the court documents put forward by the FBI that say they no longer need Apple's help in unlocking the work iphone of the shooter in San Bernardino. We also discuss Pandora's future, Instagram algorithms, and Facebook's power and responsibility when it comes to our daily lives. Next, we speak to Peter Rubin from Wired about Oculus Rift. Plus, we throw in a little discussion of cyber guns and the FCC, Louis CK, tech news, heroin, and lots and lots of metaphors.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Justice Department drops lawsuit against Apple as FBI has now unlocked Farook’s iPhone
- Pandora Founder Tim Westergren Takes the Helm as Chief Executive Officer
- See the Moments You Care About First
- Instagram Influencers Are Suddenly Freaking Out Over the Looming Algorithm Change
- Facebook apologizes for freaking people out with misdirected Safety Checks
- Review: Oculus Rift
- Louis C.K. Is Not A Fan Of Internet News