Mar 25th 2016
Tech News Today 1478
It's Dangerous to go Alone
Tonight we're joined by Georgia Dow and Rene Ritchie from iMore. We talk Netflix throttling (for your own good), Apple contesting the FBI in Brooklyn, and accessibility for Android. We also delve into the silent world of depression and anxiety in the gaming community. Next, we talk to two editors at Engadget about their decision to close the comments section for a week. Then, Georgia talks CareKit while Rene shows off the new iPad Pro, as well as the new iPhone SE, and tells us his first thoughts on these devices that are shipping next week. Finally, we discuss Microsoft's apology for the chat bot Tay that they released this week, which turned racist in less than 24 hours. Could they have done more to prevent this?
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Netflix Throttles Its Videos on AT&T, Verizon Networks
- Apple asks for delay in New York iPhone case pending FBI's new unlock method
- Fighting depression in the video game world, one AFK at a time
- Google releases new tool to scan Android apps for accessibility issues
- We're shutting down our comments ... see you next week
- We’re More Honest With Our Phones Than With Our Doctors
- iPhone SE review: Bigger on the inside!
- Mars by crazybaby
- An A.I. Competed for a Literary Prize, but Humans Still Did the Real Work
- Learning from Tay’s introduction