On this week's episode of The New Screen Savers for Saturday, September 16, 2017:
- Fr. Father Robert, SJ and Patrick Norton discuss Apple's new iPhone X and iPhone 8, more Equifax breach fallout, and racist ad-targeting options offered by Twitter, Facebook, and Google.
- Scotty Allen of Strange Parts joins us to show how he was able to install a 3.5mm headphone jack into an iPhone 7 by taking apart Apple’s Lightning adapter and building it into a custom circuit board.
- When it comes to disasters like earthquakes, hurricanes, and zombies, everyone needs a bug-out-bag. Patrick and Fr. Robert battle it out to see what's in their go-bag and talk about what you should do to be prepared.
- Speaking of improvising, Jason Howell has a trick for powering your smartphone with a 9-volt battery.
- Megan Morrone has part five of her Digital Cleanse series. This week she shows you what you can do to cleaning up your hard drive.
- Patrick and Robert answer a Call for Help about Digital Audio Converters (DACs). Do you need them to get the most out of your lossless audio music?
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- All of the anti-Semitic, racist, and xenophobic ad-targeting options offered by Big Tech
- Apple unveils new products, including the $1,000 iPhone X
- Failure to patch two-month-old bug led to massive Equifax breach
- Bringing Back the iPhone Headphone Jack – in China
- Flexible circuit board design for adding a headphone jack to an iPhone 7
- Schiit Fulla 2
- AudioQuest - DragonFly Black USB DAC/Headphone Amplifier
- Sawyer Mini Water Filtration System
- ULTIMATE MRE, Pack Date Printed on Every Meal - Meal-Ready-To-Eat. Inspected Certified Fresh by Ammo Can Man.
- Anker PowerCore+ 26800, Premium Portable Charger
- Secur SP-6000