WWDC, iPhone II and incentive plans, .Mac, 10.6 seeds, Sydney gets Apple store, syncing, and more.
- Is Mobile Me the new .Mac?
- Box.net has a cool iPhone interface.
- Will the iPhone be subsidised?
- Steve Jobs second most influential man in technology.
- Will we see OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard at WWDC?
- Plans for the first Australian apple store in Sydney have been unveiled.
- Softbank clinches a deal to carry the iPhone in Japan.
- Hutchinson Telecom to carry the iPhone in Hong Kong and Macau.
- The new Technology, Whiskey, Sexy, Podcast.
- Sync your Mac contacts with Google, in OS X 10.5.3 (This may be an attempt by Apple and Google to explode your addressbook, so back up first).
- The UK and Canada now have iTunes movie rentals, which last 48 hours (vs. 24 hours in the U.S.).
- The aTV Apple TV hack is now available as a download.
- Bokeh is apparently not just a Unix command according to the developer.
- Leo likes Iron Man.
This week's picks:
- Andy Ihnatko: The Flip Video Mino, a slimmer Flip video, $179.99.
- Leo Laporte: The Elgato EyeTV 250, €199, 99.
- Alex Lindsay: Pandora Desktop, via Adobe Air, free.
- Merlin Mann: The Amazon Kindle, for $359.99. See Andy Ihnatko's Kindle review.
- Merlin Mann's free ebook sources: Project Gutenberg, Manybooks.net, Feedbooks.com
- Merlin Mann's Kindle tips: Use save as/mail as .pdf from the print dialogue in Mac OS X to get articles and more on the Kindle, and use .zip files to save money on conversion fees.
Shownotes by Shash
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.