Apple laptop sales up big, Napster and Netflix take on iTunes/Apple TV, and more.
- Apple dominates the $1K-plus computer market, with a 66% market share
- Now playing at Napster: 6 Million DRM-free songs (300% more than iTunes)
- Netflix takes aim at Apple TV, with the Roku Netflix movie-streaming box
- Apple and CBS sued over Mighty Mouse
- Phillip Michaels of Macworld says that for Apple, with partners like AT&T, who needs enemies?
- .Mac still a missed opportunity (this is news?)
- Apple reportedly to add LED BLU backlightingto all MacBooks in 2009
This week's picks:
- Leo Laporte: Snowflake USB Microphone, $59.
- Andy Ihnatko: Scriptsaver, free.
- Alex Lindsay: Molecular Workbench, free
- Merlin Mann: Blurb's high-quality books.
Shownotes by Shash
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.