A new studio, iPhone coming to Canada, 3G, GPS, new iMacs, and more.
- First Macbreak Weekly to be streamed live from Leo's new studio.
- The studio will use LED lights from Litepanels. They were at the studio this week. Some of their ideas and techniques on lighting will be shown in future Gear Media Tech episodes.
- The iPhone is (finally) coming to Canada on Rogers, but rumor has it that you will only get 25MB a month in included data use (which the hosts agree is far too little).
- Leo and Merlin are up for hottest male Web host on TVWeek.
- Will AT&T subsidize the iPhone by $200? Fortune says yes.
- Fortune also predicts the 3G iPhone will be slimmer and have GPS.
- Garmin Nuvi vs. iPhone Maps and the potential of location-based-services on iPhone combined with services like Yelp (and especially with the SDK).
- Apple releases new iMacs, with up to 3.06 GHz processors and other feature improvements, including pre-release Intel chip that you can't get anywhere else, which matches the specs of the Intel X9100.
This Week's Picks:
- Andy Ihnatko: The Amazon Kindle, $399.
- Alex Lindsay: Twitter for iPhone, free.
- Merlin Mann: iGlasses to better control of your Mac's webcam (non-iSight models supported), for $9.95.
- Leo Laporte: HoudahGeo to Geotag your photos, $42.71. Chill with ambient music, free.
- Audible.com/macbreak for a free book with signup.
- Tao Te Ching: A New English Version (Unabridged) By Lao Tzu and Stephen Mitchell, from Alex Lindsay
- The Tao of Physics By Fritjof Capra, from Merlin Mann
Shownotes by Shash
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.