This Week's Stories:
- Did Apple drop plans to fully encrypt iCloud at FBI request? Or is it more complicated?
- Why banning face recognition misses the point
- Blueberry-scented AirPods take 71% of the wireless headphone market.
- Tile, Sonos, and Pop Sockets vs Apple, Google, and Amazon in Congress.
- Tim Cook talks Augmented Reality and healthcare in Ireland.
Picks of the Week:
- Andy's Pick: DxO camera on clearance
- Rene's Pick: JibONE
- Lory's Pick: Twelve South AirSnap Pro
- Alex's Pick: Sonic Atom
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.
- Apple dropped plan for encrypting backups after FBI complained
- Apple vs FBI: Pensacola Isn’t San Bernardino - Lawfare
- Report: The FBI recently unlocked an iPhone 11 Pro with GrayKey, raising more doubts about the Pensacola case - 9to5Mac
- What Apple surrenders to law enforcement when issued a subpoena
- We're Banning Facial Recognition. We're missing the point.
- Report: Apple sold nearly 60 million AirPods in 2019, grabbing 71% of totally wireless headphone revenue
- Companies burned by Big Tech plead for Congress to regulate Apple, Amazon, Facebook and Google
- Tim Cook says AR is the ‘next big thing,’ teases Apple’s health initiatives that are ’cause for hope’
- Twelve South AirSnap Pro
- DxO camera on clearance
- Sonic Atom