Thanks to all you great listeners of MacBreak Weekly for providing us with the generous donations that help make the show what it is.
- Leopard is still good (prediction from shownotes writer: there are probably some mac whines still to be made about ical, but i'll leave those to Merlin)
- Andy: The menubar should still be changed! Ok! But i can live with it, for now....
- New unified windows are a good, if under-appreciated feature
- Leopard runs some programs BETTER than tiger, but we don't know why, or how.
- The move bug (when moving a file in OS X, if the device the file is being moved to is lost during data transfer, both copies of the file are lost) still exists, so don't move a file, COPY it, and then delete the unwanted version when ready
- Google Phone OS (Android): More like the internal combustion engine, but will lead to long term development.
- Android just cobfirms the iphone's position in the cellphone world, it is the mac of cellphones, on it's own, fairly limited by still offering that seamless integration that mac people love
- EVE online now released for mac! Peter Cohen was in Iceland to cover the launch, and in his view it is AMAZING and definetely worth a look.
- Quicksilver goes open source, and is to become a google-code project, and of course, prop's to Alc0r, for writing this simply brilliant app for your mac, it's a must have.
Picks of the week!
- Audible Pick: The secret life of Houdine:the making of America's First Great Superhero-from andy Ihnatko
- Phase Game for Ipod for $4.99- From Peter Cohen
- Netflix Phreak for $15, simply THE way to manage your netflix account on your mac-From Alex Lindsay
- Surveillance Saver, Andy Ihnatko's free pick to allow YOU to see cool CCTV webcams from around the world
- Get more from text-edit with bean, a cool free word processor based on the text-edit engine-From Leo Laporte
- Pick From Shash, the shownotes writer- Vienna RSS reader, simply a great free RSS reader
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.