The Wall Street Journal confirms that Apple will unveil their next slate of iPhones on September 12th. The WSJ claims that the event will take place in the new Steve Jobs Theater at Apple Park, and also feature an LTE Apple Watch, 4K Apple TV, and HomePod details. Apple announces plans to build new data centers in Iowa as Tim Cook says that businesses have to pick up slack where "less functional" governments have faltered. Apple backs off self-driving car plans. Swift courses coming to high schools, community colleges. Force Friday II comes to Apple stores.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.
- NYPD scrapping 36K Nokia-made Windows phones given to staff in last two years as part of $160M program, will replace with iPhone
- Apple to Hold Product Launch Event on Sept. 12
- Sources: Apple to price premium iPhone at around $999, will include thinner bezels, facial recognition-based unlocking
- Sources: Apple plans to introduce a 4K-capable Apple TV and updated TV app that can highlight live TV
- Apple TV is losing badly to Roku and Amazon in the living room, survey finds
- Apple Spars With Movie Studios Over Pricing Ahead of Apple TV Rollout
- Two-thirds of consumers said a $1,000 iPhone is simply "too expensive."
- 'iPhone 8' Said to Come in 64, 256, and 512GB Storage Capacities, All With 3GB of RAM
- Why there's no Apple Pencil support on iPhone
- ARCore: Augmented reality at Android scale
- Claimed iPhone 7s parts leak, showing logic board and reiterating reports of A11 chip
- Apple to host ILM artists, hold Star Wars-themed Today at Apple workshops this week
- Force Friday II
- Apple Scales Back Its Ambitions for a Self-Driving Car - The New York Times
- Apple details plans to build two data centers in Iowa, costing $1.375B and creating 50 jobs
- Apple’s Tim Cook Barnstorms for ‘Moral Responsibility’
- Apple Accepting Donations for Hurricane Harvey Relief Efforts
- Apple's first AI research paper wins prestigious machine learning award
- Apple CEO Tim Cook speaks about Swift curriculum during Austin tech incubator visit
- Apple's Swift curriculum coming to over 30 community colleges, select high schools
- Former Apple Employee Thinks Touch Bar Shouldn't Be Forced on Users Who Want Highest-End MacBook Pro
- As Apple Watch 3 expected to gain LTE, a quarter of owners already using ‘daily’ for phone calls, says survey
- The Sonos smart speaker with microphone hits the FCC
- Amazon Echo devices now support multi-room audio
- Elgato's new HomeKit... kit!
- Iconic: A Photographic Tribute to Apple Innovation
- Drone Deploy
- Pixel Corps Training