Apple and Spotify fighting over App Store's 30% take - will Apple win the Streaming War? Also: Swift Playground, old people on Snapchat, and new stickers in iOS 10.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by Cachefly.
- macOS 10.12 Sierra beta 2 for developers hits the Mac App Store
- Article: Spotify: Apple is holding up app approval to squash competition
- Spotify says Apple won’t approve a new version of its app because it doesn’t want competition for Apple Music - Recode
- Apple Slams Spotify, Says App Already Violates App Store Rules - BuzzFeed News
- Like it or not, Apple is right about Spotify (and is bending the rules for it)
- Sources: Apple in talks to acquire Tidal, Jay Z's streaming music service; Tidal held similar talks with Rhapsody last year
- Bad month for Apple repairs as Tekserve to close, Louis Rossmann videos likely to disappear (U)
- How Apple Hopes to Win the Streaming War
- Apple is trademarking ‘Night Shift’ for use on Mac, Watch, TV and CarPlay
- Apple patents a way to stop you from recording video at concerts
- NASA and Apple enlist Weezer and Trent Reznor to make music about Jupiter
- Apple releases 4 animated emoji iOS 10 Messages sticker packs for beta testers: Classic Mac, Smileys, Hearts, Hands
- Apple Campus 2 Drone Video Shows Progress on Ring-Shaped Main Building, Research Facilities
- Pick: Calligraphy Handbook
- Pick: ASL App
- Pick: BBEdit 11.6
- Pick: GPG Suite for El Capitan