Mar 10th 2015
MacBreak Weekly 445
Hosted by Alex Lindsay, Andy Ihnatko, Leo Laporte, Rene Ritchie
First hand Apple Watch and MacBook impressions.
Records live every Tuesday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 18:00 UTC.
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Andy Ihnatko, Alex Lindsay, and Rene Ritchie First hand impressions of the Apple Watch and MacBook from Serenity Caldwell and Jason Snell who were at the Apple Event on Monday, HBO is coming to the web in April exclusively from Apple, Apple Watch battery life and availability, the storage on Apple Watch, Apple announces ResearchKit to help medical researchers, the Meerkat video streaming app, and more. Guests: Serenity Caldwell and Jason Snell. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/mbw. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:51:33
- Apple debuts all-new 12″ MacBook with ultra-thin chassis, new Retina screen, Force Touch (9to5Mac)
- Apple TV gets a new price: $69 (Engadget)
- HBO on the Web Is Coming in April, Exclusively From Apple (Recode)
- Apple Watch available on April 24 starting at $349 with 18 hour battery life (TheNextWeb)
- The Apple Watch Battery Is Replaceable (TechCrunch)
- Apple Watch includes 8 GB of storage, allows 2 GB of music and 75 MB of photos (9to5Mac)
- Apple announces ResearchKit to help medical researchers collect data (TheNextWeb)
- Pick: Google releases Calendar for iPhone app (9to5Mac)
- Pick: Fugoo!
- Pick: Alto's Adventure
- Pick: Olympus OM-D E-M5 mark II
- Pick: Office 2016
- Pick: Meerkat