Jan 21st 2014
MacBreak Weekly 386
The Path to Madness
It's the 30th anniversary of the Macintosh, China Mobile starts selling iPhones, does Candy Crush own the word "Candy?" And more.
Records live every Tuesday at 2:00pm Eastern / 11:00am Pacific / 19:00 UTC.
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Alex Lindsay, Andy Ihnatko, Rene Ritchie. It's the 30th anniversary of the Macintosh, China Mobile starts selling iPhones, does Candy Crush own the word "Candy?" And more. Guest: Dave Hamilton Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/mbw. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. You can also check out our transcripts here. Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 02:09:39
- China Mobile starts selling Apple’s iPhones today, but subsidies don’t seem that attractive
- Candy Crush Saga creator King gets greedy and trademarks the word 'candy'
- Apple gets temporary reprieve from external antitrust monitor; should it be a permanent one?
- Apple Agrees to FTC Consent Decree Over In-App Purchases (Memo)
- Apple insists on anti-cloning provision as part of any patent settlement with Samsung
- Analysts estimate Apple sold 55.3M iPhones last quarter, up 16 percent
- How many iPhones did Apple sell last quarter?
- Apple Releases iOS 7.1 Beta 4 to Developers
- Google Play Movies and TV Finally Comes to iOS
- Lightroom for iPad briefly appears on Adobe’s website, coming soon with $99/year cloud subscription
- Leaked 'iOS in the Car' Screenshots Show Possible Design Evolution
- Anker 40W 5V / 8A 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop Charger
- Photopresenter by Boinx Software
- Spectrum Analyzer By ONYX Apps