Apple's Super Bowl commercial, iPhone sales predictions, and the buck ninety nine upgrade...
- Apple's profit has risen 78% and iPod sales have reached 21 million.
- Create a phony portfolio on Marketocracy.
- When Leo goes on Regis and Kelly, he will be presenting Parallels.
- Apple will air the a Super Bowl ad that will announce the Beatles on iTunes.
- There are debates online whether LG stole the design for the KE850 from the iPhone.
- Predictions for iPhone sales by 2008: Leo-2 million, Alex-18 million, Scott-10 million, Merlin-21 million.
- Apple has included 802.11n chips in the new Core 2 Duo machines, but to receive the patch upgrade, they will have to charge you for $1.99 for accounting purposes.
- Apple may begin to charge OS X Tiger users for the final version of Boot Camp.
- Apparently, Jim Allchin stated that they should have teamed up with Apple for an mp3 player.
- Microsoft has sold hundreds of thousands of Zunes, compared to the 21 million iPods.
- Australian economists have created an iPod index.
- France, Norway, and Germany have joined forces against Apple's DRM.
- Alex: Add extra features or unlock hidden features in OSX with TinkerTool.
- Scott: The sE 2200a is an all in one microphone device.
- Leo: Post what you're up to on Twitter and keep track of your friends there with Twitterrific. Also, Icon Factory has an iPhone icon.
- Merlin: There is now a fix for the securityd process hogging RAM when reauthorizing apps' Keychain access. Also, High Priority will post in your menubar your latest iCal tasks.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.