Nov 22nd 2006
MacBreak Weekly 16
Trick of a Tail
More Apple Cel Phone, Why Apple Doesn't License OSX to PCs, Zune is tired but Subscriptions are cool, Super HD Streaming
- It seems like Odeo does not have a direction.
- Apple is rumored to release two iPhone models, one centered around iChat and messaging.
- Bill O' Reilly says that iPods are endangering America.
- The English 24-hour Al-Jazeera is using Apple technology everywhere.
- Watch the video of the English Al-Jazeera launch
- There are already numerous videos of english Al-Jazeera news broadcasts.
- Britney Spears has taken K-Fed off her MySpace top friends.
- Apple shares have reached an all-time high.
- Apparently, OSX Leopard has been hacked to run on non-Macintosh PCs.
- The Microsoft Zune Pass is a great system to get all the music you want.
- eMusic Live distributes legal, bootleg USB keychains with recordings of a concert minutes after the concert is over.
- Apple is working with Purdue University to test transmission of a 2-minute movie streamed at 7.5 gigabits/second at a size of 4096x3072.
- Fiber technology is being spread all around Rwanda.
- We are waiting for the next VMWare beta.
- Windows Vista will be released on January 30, 2007.
- Merlin likes ChronoSync for synchronization purposes.
- Scott: Download stock sound effects and royalty-free music on SoundRangers.com
- Merlin: Queue up a large number of files to download and manage them over time by using Speed Download.
- Alex: Diagram your projects using OmniGraffle. Similar applications include Mindjet Mindmanager and SeeMap.
- Leo: Expand your abbreviations as you type using TypeIt4Me.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.