Hosts: Paul Thurrott, Mary Jo Foley and Leo Laporte What comes after Windows 8.1? Office Mix, Microsoft and Nokia to close acquisition deal, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/ww. We invite you to read, add to, and amend our show notes. Also, check out our transcripts. Check out Paul's blog at the SuperSite for Windows. Check out Mary Jo's blog at the AllAboutMicrosoft.com. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. The Windows Weekly theme music is courtesy of Derek K. Miller. Running time: 1:49:44
- What comes after Windows 8.1 Update?
- Windows 8.1 Update is required for future updates
- Windows team goes to Ludicrous speed
- At least 2 more updates coming to WP 8.1 this year
- Is app quality more than quantity Windows Phone's biggest obstacle at this point?
- A new member of the Office family: Office Mix
- Microkia: April 25
- After a year of amazing growth, Lumia 52x is about 40 percent of all Windows Phones in use, but has finally stopped growing share.
- Rapid release: Xbox Music to be updated "bi-weekly" going forward
- Project the WP 8.1 screen onto your PC
- What is the Social Extensibility Framework