Oct 15th 2023
This Week in Tech 949
Microsoft Activision Deal, AI Deciphers Scrolls, OpenAI Core Values
- Microsoft's completed acquisition of Activision Blizzard.
- How political tension in Israel affects the tech sector.
- Debating disinformation and First Amendment rights.
- The influence of articles posted on social media.
- Legal implications of AI-generated content and copyright.
- Using AI to scan ancient scrolls and unlock texts.
- The potential of nuclear power and fusion reactors.
- Genetic data privacy breach and ethical concerns.
- Massive botnet DDoS attack on Google.
- Social media addiction lawsuits.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit
- Microsoft’s Activision Buy Extends Nadella’s Decade of Deals
- Israeli Tech Workers Head to the Front Lines of War with Hamas
- U.S. tech workers offer to fill vacancies left by Israeli reservists
- Elon Musk Is Personally Undermining X’s Efforts to Curb Israel-Hamas War Disinformation
- ChatGPT out there encouraging measured political discourse
- AI deciphers ancient scrolls burned and buried for 2,000 years
- Google makes passkeys the default sign-in method for all users
- India-Pakistan cricket match helps Disney’s Hotstar set global streaming record
- Kids Suing Social Media Over Addiction Find a Win Amid Losses
- Right-to-repair is now the law in California