Oct 1st 2006
This Week in Tech 71
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Live from the podcast expo, we talk about changing the name to netcast, and meet many of the best podcasters....
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Guests: Steve Gibson, Alex Lindsay, Scott Bourne, Doug Kaye, Ray Slakinski, Martin Sargent, Craig Syverson, Denise Howell
Live from the podcast expo, we talk about changing the name to netcast, and meet many of the best podcasters.
- This show is a result of a donation of audio equipment from the Broadcasters General Store.
- Is Leo wrong by using the word netcast instead of podcast?
- The guys from iPodderX were driven out of business by Apple and iTunes.
- Gigavox Media has released a tool called The Levelator, which levels out all the audio by simply dragging and dropping the audio file.
- Ray Slakinski has begun popcurrent.com, a service similar to Digg for Internet audio.
- By the end of the year, Thunderstone Media will release Transistr.
- Martin Sargent stops by and promotes his new show on Revision3 called Web Drifter.
- Russel from Podcast Ready drops by to talk about myPodder.
- We need to get Microsoft to get podcasting support in its hardware and software.
- Ben and Tiffany stop by to talk about Neo Fight, a technology review show with two points of view.
- Robbie Trencheny stops by to talk about the Teen Podcasters Network.
- Craig Syverson has begun to do both video podcasts and audio podcasts on his site, Grunt Media.
- Denise Howell comes by to talk about TWiT's latest podcast, This Week in Law (TWiL).
- Frank from techPhile.ca is still around from a slight podfade.
- Chuck Tomasi talks about the Friends in Tech network.
- TWiT is one of Cachefly's largest customers along with Revision3.
- Podcast411 is a podcast where its host, Mark Walsh, interviews several podcasters.
- The iLife Zone Podcast is now officially a part of the TWiT Podcast Network.