Sep 17th 2017
This Week in Tech 632
Smartest Dumb People in the World
Apple's new iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X don't win over the TWiT panel. Will Google's Pixel 2? Facebook's election-rigging issues won't go away. Google appeals a record fine from the EU just as it gets a new pay discrimination suit here at home. Bodega is in the news for the first and only time. The cryptocurrency bubble starts to pop. Equifax is the security story that keeps on giving... your data away.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Apple announced a lot yesterday—here’s everything you need to know
- Apple announces glass-backed iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus w/ A11 Bionic chip, 4K 60 fps video, calibrated for AR, wireless chargin
- New iPhones support 4K video at 60FPS and 240FPS 1080p slow-motion, larger sensors, "Portrait Lighting" and f/1.8 and f/2.8 aper
- iPhone X announced with edge-to-edge screen, Face ID, and no home button
- Apple's first Face ID demo failed, but it wasn't Face ID's fault
- Apple Reveals New 'Apple Watch Series 3' Models With LTE and Faster Dual-Core Processor
- Apple Watch with LTE will cost $10/month on US cellular carriers
- Angela Ahrendts discusses the future of Apple Retail
- Apple Discussing $3 Billion Stake in Bain’s Toshiba Bid
- Apple Park's new $108M visitor center spares no expense to dazzle guests
- Facebook’s Russian Ads Disclosure Is Putting The Company Under Intense New Scrutiny
- Example of Ads
- Facebook let ad buyers target users interested in algorithmically generated anti-Semitic topics like "Jew hater", then removed s
- There's Blood In The Water In Silicon Valley
- Official: Google to announce Pixel 2 on Oct 4
- Google appeals record EU antitrust fine but says it has not asked for an interim order to suspend decision (Foo Yun Chee/Reuters
- Google sued by women for pay discrimination in potential class action suit
- Two Ex-Googlers Want To Make Bodegas And Mom-And-Pop Corner Stores Obsolete
- That didn't take long: they apologize
- Foxcon in WI: Innovative Gamble or Bad Bet?
- Amazon seeks proposals from cities for a second HQ in North America, a "full equal" to Seattle HQ, and says it'll invest $5B+ an
- China slams the door on Crypto Currency
- Is There a Cryptocurrency Bubble? Just Ask Doge.
- Equifax had 'admin' as login and password in Argentina
- Equifax's Chief Information Officer and Head of Security Are 'Retiring'