Aug 16th 2015
This Week in Tech 523
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Alphabet, ROKU private channels, AT&T and the NSA, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 5:15pm Eastern / 2:15pm Pacific / 21:15 UTC.
Guests: John C. Dvorak, Jason Snell, Dylan Tweney, Christina Warren
Alphabet, ROKU private channels, AT&T and the NSA, Amazon's brutal workplace, and more.
For additional show notes, visit twit.tv/twit/523.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- Meet Alphabet, The New Conglomerate Absorbing Google That’s Run By Larry Page & Sergey Brin
- Making Sense of Google and Alphabet
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 5 is official and will be available on August 21st
- Samsung's new Galaxy S6 Edge+ is bigger and smarter
- Samsung Pay to Launch September 28 in U.S. But Will Businesses Accept It?
- Apple Pay Competitor CurrentC May Not Launch Until Next Year
- Samsung resurrects the dream of a hardware keyboard
- Google, HTC vets prep 'friggin' awesome' smartphone for Sept. 1 launch
- Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace
- An Amazonian's response to “Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace”
- Force Touch on iPhone 6S revealed: expect shortcuts, faster actions across iOS
- Apple Said to Delay Live TV Service to 2016 as Negotiations Stall
- NBCUniversal Buys Big Chunks of Vox Media and BuzzFeed
- Comcast Gets Ready to Launch Online Video Service on Its Set-Tops and the Web
- Verizon Mobile Video Service Details Uncovered: To Be Called Go90 (Exclusive)
- Inside the hookup culture accelerated by the rapid rise of Tinder and other dating apps