May 10th 2015
This Week in Tech 509
Lucas, Cover Your Ears
Music streaming choices, surveillance math, adult VR, SSD wear, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Beats revamp still debuting at WWDC, global release late-June, iOS 9 details revealed
- Apple pushing music labels to kill free Spotify streaming ahead of Beats relaunch
- Sources: Apple working with US researchers to offer DNA testing via ResearchKit
- US federal appeals court rules NSA's bulk collection of telephone metadata is not authorized by Patriot Act
- The simple math problem that blows apart the NSA's surveillance justifications
- The NSA has a program actually named SKYNET that uses phone metadata to track location and call activities
- Feds no longer need a warrant to search your phone location records, district court rules
- Test your SSDs or risk massive data loss, researchers warn
- Tesla's Battery Grabbed $800 Million in Its First Week
- Comcast will hire 5,500 new customer service employees, credit customers $20 if technicians are late for appointments
- Uber Joins the Bidding for Here, Nokia's Digital Mapping Service