Jun 1st 2014
This Week in Tech 460
Drones Delivering Diapers
Auto-car, WWDC, Apple/Beats, TrueCrypt conspiracies, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Guests: Mike ElganHosts: Mike Elgan, Katie Benner, Harry McCracken, and Lindsey Turrentine Google rolls out a self-driving car, Apple is said to be prepping a smart home software platform at WWDC, NSA is harvesting millions of web images for facial recognition, TrueCrypt closes doors in odd circumstances, Microsoft maybe working on a smartwatch, Amazon’s war with Hachette, Comcast CEO has an explanation for why everyone hates his company, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Also, check out our transcripts. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:03:05
- Google rolls out a self-driving car with no steering wheel
- Google made a self-driving car, and it doesn't have a steering wheel
- Google to announce gaming-centric Android TV at Google I/O in June
- Google, the EU and the right to be forgotten
- Introducing the iWatch
- WWDC 2014 Roundup: Enhanced iOS 8, redesigned OS X 10.10, new hardware (plus fresh details)
- Apple talking to retailers about a mobile payment system
- Apple buys Beats
- Apple Said To Be Prepping Smart Home Software Platform For WWDC Reveal
- NSA harvesting millions of web images for facial recognition
- Weird TrueCrypt termination
- TrueCrypt Final Release Repository
- Microsoft is working on a smartwatch?
- Real-time Skype translator demonstrated
- Amazon’s war with Hachette
- Comcast CEO has a ridiculous explanation for why everyone hates his company
- Comcast CEO Brian Roberts says content sources should pay Comcast to deliver content