Apr 13th 2014
This Week in Tech 453
Let's Get Social
Heartbleed, Facebook's evil plan, kinder gentler Microsoft, Gogo Wi-Fi spies, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by CacheFly.
- Schneier on Security - Heartbleed
- NSA Said to Exploit Heartbleed Bug for Intelligence for Years
- Man who introduced serious 'Heartbleed' security flaw denies he inserted it deliberately
- Windows XP is still running thousands of websites worldwide
- Vox Takes Melding of Journalism and Technology to a New Level
- Canada Freezes Online Tax Filing Due to Heartbleed Bug
- For one day, Google will let anyone in the US buy Glass
- Reporter: “I was assaulted for wearing Google Glass” in San Francisco
- Handheld quantum key generators are on the way
- Amazon Fire TV Review
- Aereo wants to expand to 50 cities if it prevails in court
- Aereo’s $97m question for the Supreme Court
- Comcast has very bad reasons for wanting to buy Time Warner Cable
- Comcast wins! (Worst company in America)
- Facebook Is Forcing Users To Download Messenger By Ripping Chat Out Of its Main Apps
- BlackBerry CEO: I'll kill off BlackBerry phones if they don't start making money
- Appeals court reverses hacker/troll “weev” conviction and sentence
- Hewlett-Packard to pay $108m to settle scandal over bribery of public officials
- Microsoft announces Skype TX with studio-grade audio and video for broadcasters
- At Feds’ request, GoGo in-flight Wi-Fi service added more spying capabilities
- The godfather of nature documentaries is making one for the Oculus Rift
- This may be the worst social-media marketing song you've ever heard