Oct 27th 2013
This Week in Tech 429
Grasp the Nettle Firmly
Retro tech, CryptoLocker, streaming scarcity, a series of patterns, and more.
Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit.
For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode.
Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly.
- Everything You Need to Know About Today’s Apple Event
- Apple is either terrible at designing charts or thinks you won’t notice the difference
- Apple has sold 170M iPads to date, implying sales near 15M in Sept. quarter
- Is Google building a hulking floating data center in SF Bay?
- Thoughts and Observations Regarding This Week’s Apple Event Introducing the iPad Air and Retina iPad Mini
- You’re infected—if you want to see your data again, pay us $300 in Bitcoins
- How The Walt Disney Company (DIS) Just Ruined Apple Inc. (AAPL) and Amazon.com, Inc (AMZN)’s Week
- FBI Says It's Seized $28.5 Million In Bitcoins From Ross Ulbricht, Alleged Owner Of Silk Road
- Stop patent trolls. Support the Innovation Act of 2013.
- Nintendo ceases production of the Wii