Oct 6th 2013
This Week in Tech 426
Silk Road, identity and anonymity, consensual hallucinations, swarm bots, and more.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
Fr. Robert Ballecer, Patrick Beja, Brian Brushwood, and Patrick Norton Silk Road, identity and anonymity, consensual hallucinations, swarm bots, and more. Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/twit. For additional show notes, visit the wiki page for this episode. Bandwidth for This Week in Tech is provided by Cachefly. Running time: 2:07:51
- Feds Take Down Online Fraud Bazaar 'Silk Road', Arrest Alleged Mastermind
- Silk Road’s mastermind allegedly paid $80,000 for a hitman. The hitman was a cop.
- Meet Ross Ulbricht, the Man Charged With Running the 'Amazon.com of Drugs,' Silk Road
- Bitcoin Falls 15% Following FBI's Silk Road Seizure
- Analysis of Silk Road's Historical Impact on Bitcoin
- Internet Explorer exploit release could trigger a surge in attacks
- Microsoft Security Advisory: Vulnerability in Internet Explorer could allow remote code execution
- Adobe source code breach; it's bad, real bad
- How the Adobe hack could fuel next wave of cyberattacks
- Elon Musk Details Cause Of Tesla Model S Fire, Says It Would Have Been Worse With Gas
- Terminator'-style cube robots swarm and self-assemble
- Ikea to sell solar panels in British stores, but U.S. must wait
- FAA Panel Suggests Easing Rules on Electronic Devices During Flights
- Twitter to investors: We are the anti-Facebook
- Twitter Quitters And The Unfiltered Feed Problem