Nov 27th 2005
This Week in Tech 32
The G. Gordon Liddy Edition
Hosted by Leo Laporte
TWiT 32 is now online.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 22:00 UTC.
- We're on Skype, but Dvorak's using the M-Audio FastTrackUSB and sounding fine
- We'll be using only Heil mics starting next episode
- Is your XBox 360 overheating? Not Dvorak's
- Microsoft is losing $126 per unit
- Here's a set of beautiful screenshots of the 360's "blades"
- Browser makers agree to a new super-certificate to stop phishing
- Want a certificate error? Click here (well until Google fixes it)
- Steve gets his from Verisign - unfortunately Thawte is now owned by Verisign
- Here comes the Firefox 1.5 marketing "onslaught"
- But what is Firefox's market share really? - a lot more than 10%
- Apple's iTunes Music Store is in the top 10 - but who is F.Y.E.? Number 5, that's who
- Does anybody really care about high fidelity music any more?
- Patrick is using Apple Lossless encoding, but FLAC is the open standard
- Send your angry emails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Does anybody care about HDTV? You bet!
- The Mission Audio people say kids today can't tell the difference between good audio and bad
- It's the end of the line for Kazaa
- Bram Cohen, creator of BitTorrent, does a deal with the MPAA to keep copyrighted material off BitTorrent.com
- Dvorak says the 300GB DVD is bogus - you'll never be able to afford it
- Alex says DVDs are history by the end of the decade - the future of content is online.
- Dvorak says the portable players are a dead end
- Tivo says it's going to let customers transfer video to the iPod and PSP
- And they've got a deal with Yahoo
- CBS is talking with Yahoo and Google about putting their video archives on the web
- NBC is planning on letting DirectTV offer My Name Is Earl and Battlestar Galactica as a download
- Ruth Parasol made $1.8 billion on PartyPoker.com
- According to Dvorak's IPTVDaily.com IPTV is big everywhere but in the US
- Dvorak has saved every copy of Silicon Spin. Any buyers?
- So long Jennifer Garner - Alias ends its run
- SD-6.com is gone, but not forgotten.
- Our TWiT store should go online later this week. Watch the site for details
- Amber MacArthur's new audio podcasts, Inside the Net, launches this week, too - our first show will feature Mozilla's Mike Shaver on Firefox 1.5
- We miss Internet Tonight. Dvorak says Leo carried The Screen Savers.
- Send your angry emails to email@example.com