Nov 6th 2005
This Week in Tech 29
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Are you ready to TWiT? Episide 29 is now online.
Records live every Sunday at 6:00pm Eastern / 3:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
- Sony is putting rootkits on your PC when you play Sony/BMG audio CDs. (We covered it pretty thoroughly on Security Now #12)
- Microsoft goes after Google with Office Live and Windows Live
- The new Yahoo maps are online - and looking swell. The company is clearly targeting Google.
- Congress is holding hearings on Broadcast flag and the "analog hole." Some want to force analog recording devices to copy digitally and add protection. Copy protection for digital radio is on the table, too
- The Supreme Court has declined to hear Microsoft's appeal in the Eolas patent suit
- Sprint launches a music service for EDGE. $2.50/song!
- Google will pay for a programmer to work on Open Office says our old buddy Chris DiBona (come on the show, Chris!)