Apr 20th 2008
This Week in Tech 139
Hosted by Leo Laporte
Attack of the clone, Vista a work in progress, rickrolling is so over, XOverclocked, and more...
Records live every Sunday at 5:15pm Eastern / 2:15pm Pacific / 22:15 UTC.
- TheRealDvorak now on Twitter.
- Veronica Belmont joins Tekzilla. And something else.
- TWiT celebrates three years of geeky goodness.
- Byrds co-founder Roger McGuinn develops solar-powered ice machine.
- Happy 4/20.
- California woman charged with stealing the identity of dead people.
- Psystar to sell Mac clones. But is it real... or legal? Remember the Pineapple and Power Computing.
- Pro Tools vs. Adobe Audition.
- Seven years ago this week, a disgruntled TechTV employee's prescient post.
- Veronica promised on Cranky Geeks to wear Star Trek outfit.
- TechTV alum Erica Hill now on Anderson Cooper 360.
- Ballmer says Vista is "a work in progress."
- PC sales up big time for the first quarter; Apple and Dell leading the way.
- Rickrolling was over weeks ago. What's next?
- eBay getting out of the Skype business?
- OLPC competition and interface issues.
- Apple settles "millions of colors" lawsuit.
- In Memorium.
- Microsoft offers Works SE for free.
- TWiT Live launching next week.
- Roger says no new version of Mr. Spaceman. Instead, hear his music on FolkDen.com
- UK scientists create a transistor just one atom long.
- Leo's trip to Lightroom Adventure: Tasmania was unforgettable. Leo met many great photographers, including Bruce Dale, who did the famous National Geographic holographic cover.
- A Robo-Cop beetle and sea bass with lasers.
Try GoToMeeting free for 30 days at GoToMeeting.com/twit.
For free kids books, visit Audiblekids.com/twit
Show notes by David Di Franco.