Apr 27th 2008
This Week in Tech 140
Loaded with Spam and Hookers
TWiT turns 3, majors report earnings, Microsoft-Yahoo, Twitter, Mesh, Clay Shirky and more.
- TWiT turns 3, adding live video.
- Dvorak now a Twitter nut
- Apple beats Wall Street's expectations with 36 percent increase in profit for second quarter.
- Does Yahoo really not want Microsoft's bid? Deadline expires without comment.
- Yahoo takes stab at social networking
- Microsoft unveils Mesh
- Sun continues to pursue Java support for iPhone
- TechTV/ZDTV started 10 years ago May 11
- AT&T says Internet will reach full capacity by 2010
- Alert: White House BlackBerries stolen.
- Department of Homeland Security website hacked.
- Missing White House emails may not be gone after all.
- Twitter's VP of engineering fired
- Grand Theft Auto IV hits the streets April 29
- China claims most Internet users
- Motorola announces $194 million loss for first-quarter
- In jail? Just Twitter for bail.
- Apple may be adding tactile feedback to iPhone
- Clay Shirky gives "Gin, Television, and Social Surplus" speech at Web 2.0 conference
For free kids books, visit Audiblekids.com/twit
Show notes by David Di Franco.