Denise Howell is joined by Mike Keyes and Lisa Borodkin to talk about phone-tracking warrants for police, the AT&T+Time Warner merger, sales tax on online purchases, Apple's supposed app store monopoly, AI principles at Google, realistic-looking deep fakes, the BOTS Act, Velcro, a fake Trump+Kim Jong-un movie trailer, and more!
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-law.
Attorneys may submit a self-study form to their local CLE board seeking MCLE credit approval. Please check the rules and requirements for your specific jurisdiction before submitting any forms.
Special thanks to Nigel Clutterbuck for the TWiL theme music.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- The court’s decision to let AT&T and Time Warner merge is ridiculously bad
- Why net neutrality supporters are cringing at the AT&T-Time Warner merger
- California net neutrality bill gutted as lawmakers cave to AT&T lobbyists
- States will be able to charge sales tax on online purchases thanks to the Supreme Court
- In Major Privacy Win, Supreme Court Rules Police Need Warrant To Track Your Cellphone
- The Supreme Court Just Greatly Strengthened Digital Privacy
- The US Supreme Court is taking a hard look at Apple’s app store monopoly
- What happens if Apple loses its Supreme Court App Store antitrust appeal?
- We’re Worrying About the Wrong Kind of AI
- AI at Google: our principles
- Google’s new ‘AI principles’ forbid its use in weapons and human rights violations
- ABA Opinion Raises Ethics Bar on Cybersecurity
- SAFEGUARDING CONFIDENTIAL DATA: Your Ethical and Legal Obligations
- Thank You For Your Feedback - Don't Say Velcro
- Movie Studio Owner Has No Idea Why the White House Said His Company Made the Fake Kim Jong-un Movie Trailer
- Destiny Pictures tweet
- New Alternative Bill in Senate Challenges Music Modernization Act
- Combatting Deep Fakes through the Right of Publicity
- We asked 100 teens how they watch television — and the results should horrify cable companies
- Broadcasters Hope To Counter Ad Skipping By Replacing Ads With Short 'Inspirational Videos'
- If This Copyright Law Post Mentions Hamilton, You're More Likely to Read It
- BOTS Act: That’s the ticket!
- ANIMAL SELFIE OF THE WEEK
- FBI recovers WhatsApp, Signal data stored on Michael Cohen’s BlackBerry
- In nearly 500 pages of answers, Facebook stonewalls some senators’ questions