A small number of mobile operators are planning to launch pre-standard trial 5G networks as early as 2017, and 2020-2022 is generally cited as the timeframe for the broader launch of commercial networks that conform to international standards. We have Accenture on the show to share their crystal ball with us on where they think 5G is now and the near future.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-enterprise-tech.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google to use Duplex to take over it's call centers...It has begun!
- Here's a Gentoo lesson: Use Real Passwords!
- Wireless Broadband Alliance backs wifi roaming to tackle digital divide
- Semiconductor quantum transistor opens the door for photon-based computing
- According to the WEF, it's only 217 years until women achieve economic equality
- Kubernetes keeps improving
- NASA to test 'quiet' supersonic flights over Texas
- Amazon buying online pharmacy with nationwide reach; drug store stocks dive
- What is RCS messaging? Here’s all you need to know about the successor to SMS
- Chapter 2: 5G Timeline: The Reality of 2020
- New Research from Accenture Strategy highlights Economic and Societal Impact of Investing in 5G Infrastructure