Megan Morrone and Jason Howell discuss all of the announcements from the Microsoft event, including the Surface Studio, the Surface Book i7, inside out virtual reality, and Windows 10 Creators Update. Google Access places plans for future rollouts of Google Fiber on hold as it announces layoffs and restructuring. IBM's Watson will work with OnStar to bring artificial intelligence to the vehicle, so the gas tank never reaches empty again. Pocket is about to roll out an expanded recommendations engine that could be incredibly useful to users of the read-it-later service. Apple is delaying the release of its AirPod wireless headphones. Finally, Groupon is buying its closest competition in the daily deal space, Living Social.
- Sean Hollister from CNET discusses whether placing Google Fiber on pause actually means it's going away for good.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Google Fiber just gave up on me -- and many of its employees
- General Motors Brings IBM’s Watson Into Its Vehicles
- ibm watson users 2018
- Pocket wants to promote only the good stuff.
- On iMessage’s Stickiness
- Surface Studio - 1TB / Intel Core i5
- Surface Book with Performance Base - 256GB / Intel Core i7
- HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus and Acer will all ship VR headsets for your PC starting at $299
- This is what Oculus' new wireless prototype Rift is like
- Microsoft announces Paint 3D, the biggest update ever to the classic app
- Empowering a new wave of creativity with the Windows 10 Creators Update and Surface Studio
- Microsoft will pay you $650 to ditch your MacBook for a Surface
- Groupon Buys Rival LivingSocial, Reports Another Loss