We're live from the National Association of Broadcasters convention. Yahoo reports earnings, but still no announcement of a sale. New MacBooks are here, and you can get yours in pink. Kevin Kelly from Wired knows everything about VR and he wants to convince you that Magic Leap will blow your mind, if we ever see it. And Scott Wilkinson from Home Theater Geeks tells us about new technology that enhances storytelling. He'll also weigh in on texting in movie theaters, and we explore the tricky orthogonal problem of HDR versus 4K.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Yahoo bidders are few and far between, but include Verizon, TPG and a gang of exes
- Apple's new MacBook feels 25 percent faster and 100 percent more pink
- HYPER VISION
- Five burning questions about Magic Leap after Wired's huge profile
- Viber adds end-to-end encryption and hidden chats as messaging app privacy wave grows
- Google’s second annual Android security report reveals 6 billion apps checked for malware and PHAs every day
- Apple hires former Tesla VP of Vehicle Engineering Chris Porritt for ‘special [car] project’
- Intel to Cut 12,000 Jobs as PC Demand Slumps
- ATSC 3.0: WHERE WE STAND
- FUTURE OF CINEMA CONFERENCE
- Netflix Adding 100 Hours of HDR Video
- Virtual reality has a huge sexual harassment problem