Microsoft open sources the Edge browser. SoundCloud signs licensing agreement with Universal Music Group. How soon will we get the self driving car? GoPro stock falls as company cuts jobs and hopes for a future in drones and VR. And when the Nest thermostat fails, it makes us wonder about whether all our smart gadgets are worth it.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/tech-news-today.
Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Gartner: Global PC shipments fell 8.3% in Q4 2015, Apple only company in top 5 to see growth
- PC Market Finishes 2015 As Expected, Hopefully Setting the Stage for a More Stable Future, According to IDC
- Apple Steps Back From Its iAd Advertising Business
- Google's self-driving cars would've hit something 13 times if not for humans
- The Obama administration is about to announce a plan for self-driving cars
- Spatial audio comes to the Cardboard SDK
- A New Job Guarantee
- SOUNDCLOUD HAS BAGGED A LICENSING DEAL WITH ITS SECOND MAJOR LABEL: UNIVERSAL MUSIC, FOLLOWING ITS AGREEMENT WITH WARNER MUSIC I
- GoPro cuts jobs and warns its sales are a disaster
- At Home with a Revenge Porn Mogul
- Hacks rebel after bosses secretly install motion sensors under desks
- How to build the next $1bn tech unicorn: Get into ransomware
- Nest Thermostat Glitch Leaves Users in the Cold
- Nest thermostat owners out in the cold after software update cockup