Jul 30th 2014
Tech News Today 1060
Hosted by Mike Elgan
Facebook is throwing a little bit of everything at the wall to see what sticks.
Records every weekday at 7:00pm Eastern / 4:00pm Pacific / 23:00 UTC.
Hosts: Mike Elgan and Christina Warren Twitter earnings were strong, Google ads star rating system to search results, Virgin Mobile USA launches a wireless plan targeted at parents, and more. Guests: Katie Benner, Miriam Gottfried, Pete Pachal, Ellis Hamburger and Ben Fischer Download or subscribe to this show at twit.tv/tnt. Submit and vote on story coverage at technewstoday.reddit.com. Check out the full show notes for today's episode. We invite you to read, add to, and amend the wiki entry for this episode at wiki.twit.tv. Thanks to Cachefly for the bandwidth for this show. Running time: 38:11
- Twitter's surge revives valuation debate
- Twitter acquires deep learning startup Madbits
- Google Will Add Ratings to Search-Results Ads So They Look More Like Amazon
- Virgin Mobile Launches Customizable Prepaid Plan With Walmart
- This is Bolt, Instagram's new messaging app
- Ex-Googler wants to give hotels better marketing intel from your social media accounts
- Show notes for today's episode