On this episode of Smart Tech Today, Mikah Sargent and Matthew Cassinelli:
- Mikah reveals he's now dual-wielding mobile operating systems. Along with his iPhone 11 Pro Max, he's carrying a OnePlus 7 Pro to better understand and make use of the Google Assistant and Android in general.
- The two discuss recent discounts on mesh WiFi systems and how mesh WiFi systems can lead to a better smart tech user experience.
- Matthew explains how Siri and Spotify are working together to provide Spotify users with Siri voice control and the two hosts reveal why they subscribe to both Spotify and Apple Music.
- Mikah waxes ecstatic over the ultra-wideband chip in the new iPhone 11 and the two dream up a future where UWB controls both the smart home and mobile connected tech.
- Mikah details how he's been using Alexa Routines to start his day and Matthew compares this functionality to Siri Shortcuts.
- Matthew gives us a look at his Google Assistant- and Alexa-controlled Xbox.
- Mikah details how he's trying to use the Google Assistant and Siri to be a little more voice-first with his devices.
- Matthew complains about the lack of Google Assistant support for G Suite accounts and Mikah shares how much he enjoys the ETA feature in Apple Maps on iOS 13. The two hosts also try the same feature using Google Maps.
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/smart-tech-today
- Netgear Orbi mesh WiFi now $230
- Eero is cheaper too
- Siri + Spotify
- Apple loosening Siri defaults for third-party apps
- Amazon Music streaming to Apple TV
- SiriKit Media intents
- UWB on iPhone
- The U1 chip in the iPhone 11 is the beginning of an Ultra Wideband revolution
- Google Maps has detailed voice guidance for impaired vision users
- Google Assistant gets Showtime routine
- Matthew: Google Assistant & Alexa controlling Xbox
- The next big thing will start out looking like a toy
- NATO phonetic alphabet - names for assistants
- Turn Search and Assistant on or off
- A Comprehensive Guide to All 120+ Settings URLs Supported by iOS and iPadOS 13.1