Dec 22nd 2018
The New Screen Savers 188
High-Tech Escape Rooms & VR Motion Tracking
Reason's high-tech escape rooms, PhaseSpace's VR motion tracking system, and the best last-minute gift picks.
On The New Screen Savers recorded on Saturday, December 22, 2018, with Leo Laporte and Patrick Norton:
- Leo and Patrick discuss Facebook's ongoing user data privacy problems, Elon Musk's Boring Company and their first completed tunnel, and how UK’s second largest airport was shut down due to drones.
- PhaseSpace's Robert Jaeger Slaughter shows off their unique motion tracking system that can be used for location-based VR entertainment and more.
- Leo and the TWiT crew try out one of Reason's sci-fi themed escape rooms in San Francisco and give you a sneak peek at how co-founders Crina Bordas and Mike Chen are incorporating drones, VR, and 3D printers as a way to make emerging tech to be more accessible to everyone.
- Patrick has a few ideas for you if you're behind on your holiday gift shopping with a last-minute Holiday Gift Guide.
- Plus we answer some of your questions in our "Call for Help" and "Mail Bag".'
- As Facebook Raised a Privacy Wall, It Carved an Opening for Tech Giants
- I took a ride through Elon Musk's new tunnel in California
- Idiots with drones shut down the UK’s second largest airport — again
- PhaseSpace Motion Capture
- Reason Future tech escape rooms
- American Radio Relay League (ARRL) Computer Interference FAQ