On The New Screen Savers for April 28, 2018, with Jason Howell and Rich DeMuro:
- Everyone is doing it except Apple. Those pesky Mac laptops have no touchscreens. We'll meet Kevin Kwok who can turn your MacBook Pro into a touchscreen for around $1!
- There are a lot of tricks out there to learn guitar. What if you could learn chords using light? Jason shows you the Fret Zealot which uses LED lights mounted on the fretboard.
- And speaking of light, Megan Morrone shows us the modular smart-light system from Nanoleaf.
- We'll answer a Call for Help about choosing the right Android phone, plus there are more of your questions in the Mail Bag.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Amazon raises Prime fee to $119 in the US
- How to get around Amazon Prime’s new $119 fee
- Amazon’s new Echo Dot Kids Edition comes with a colorful case and parental controls
- Amazon fixed an exploit that allowed Alexa to listen all the time
- Snapchat unveils new "Spectacles"
- Golden State Killer suspect was tracked down through genealogy website GEDmatch
- Turning a MacBook into a Touchscreen with $1 of Hardware
- Project Sistine
- Fooling Neural Networks in the Physical World with 3D Adversarial Objects
- Fret Zealot | Learn Guitar With Light
- Nanoleaf: Lighting that's Smarter by Design
- How to move Google Authenticator to a new device