Mar 31st 2018
The New Screen Savers 150
Move in VR Like 'Ready Player One'
On this episode of The New Screen Savers for Saturday, March 31, 2018, with Leo Laporte and Jason Howell:
- With 'Ready Player One' now in theaters, Jason takes a trip down to SVVR, an organization for VR developers and startups, to talk to the CEO of Infinadeck and try out their omnidirectional treadmill that was featured in the movie 'Ready Player One.'
- Leo has the new third-generation Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga and gives his review.
- We have two Calls for Help. One about quitting Facebook and privacy and another on how to get the best out of Nuzzel.
- Megan Morrone loves her analog Bullet journal. Today she shows us the Moleskine Smart Writing System which uses a the Pen+ Ellipse smartpen to bridge tech and paper.
- In our Hot Topics, we discuss the evidence cell phones cause cancer, the controversial memo from one Facebook executive, and how the U.S. is proposing to track visitors social media accounts.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- We now have the first clear evidence cell phone radiation can cause cancer in rats
- Growth At Any Cost: Top Facebook Executive Defended Data Collection In 2016 Memo — And Warned That Facebook Could Get People Kil
- Trump admin wants to track 14 million US visitors’ social media history
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)
- Moleskine+ Smart Writing System
- How To Change Your Facebook Settings To Opt Out of Platform API Sharing
- Nuzzel provides industry news and media intelligence to busy professionals.
- SVVR (Silicon Valley Virtual Reality)
- Pocket Casts