On this episode of The New Screen Savers for Saturday, February 17, 2018, with Leo Laporte and Megan Morrone:
- What makes smartphone cameras so good? Rishi Sanyal from DPReview joins us to compare two of the best, the iPhone X and Pixel 2 XL, and discuss computational photography.
- So many gadgets, where to charge them? Megan has a docking station problem, so we try out several charging stations to see what works, what's the best, and what you need to know to build your own.
- Back in 2015 on show #11, we saw amazing images of Pluto from The New Horizons spacecraft. Now the craft just sent back some record-breaking pictures. Megan talks with researcher Simon Porter about the farthest images ever made from Earth and what is in the future for the mission.
- Jason Howell has some tips for using the new features in the DuckDuckGo privacy search engine app for Android.
- In Call for Help, we find a way to separate your work from personal photos on the iPhone.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- Internet rages after Google removes “view image” button, bowing to Getty
- How Chrome’s built-in ad blocker will work when it goes live tomorrow
- People are walking into glass at the new Apple headquarters
- Review: Google Pixel 2 is the best smartphone for stills photographers
- Apple iPhone X review
- Portrait mode shootout: iPhone 8 Plus vs Google Pixel 2
- New Horizons Captures Record-Breaking Images in the Kuiper Belt
- G.U.S. Multi-Device Charging Station Dock & Organizer on Amazon
- Levin 10 Port USB Charging Station Dock with Built in Charge Cables on Amazon
- KNOW HOW... 366 CABLE MANAGEMENT (BURKE IN A BOX!)
- Wood Whisperer.com Gadget Station
- Camera +
- VSCO Cam
- Apple TV on Amazon