Leo Laporte and Iain Thomson discuss what it really means when the NSA says it's halting collection of Americans' texts and emails, the Cassini Spacecraft crossing through Saturn's rings for the first time, and the new Amazon Echo Look. Then, NASA Astrophysicist C. Alex Young joins to discuss space weather and how it could negatively affect everything electronic. Jason Howell gives us a (literal) head-to-head comparison of the Gear VR and Google Daydream. NAB 2017 just came to a close and Dale Baskin joins to present a few of his favorite finds, including the Atomos Ninja Inferno. Leo and Iain answer a Call for Help and suggest a way to cheaply and easily record a discussion between multiple people to be posted online. Finally, we answer some of your questions in the mailbag.
Thanks to CacheFly for the bandwidth for this show.
- N.S.A. Halts Collection of Americans’ Emails About Foreign Targets
- Amazon Wants to Put a Camera and Microphone in Your Bedroom
- FCC announces plan to reverse Title II net neutrality
- 'Grand Finale' at Saturn Begins: Cassini Spacecraft's 1st Ring Dive in Pictures
- NAB 2017: Hot products and trends
- Explained: Spora ransomware