Top Stories This Week:
• Apple Pulls ScreenTime Competitors off the App Store: What's the Real Story?
• Intel Drops out of 5G Race After Apple/Qualcomm Settlement
• Luminary's Terrible Week: the Whole Story
• Apple Pledges to Fix MacBook Keyboards In-store
• Why All the Turnover at the Apple Design Team?
• RIP Aperture
• Why did Apple Hire a Philosopher?
• Powerbeats Pro Ship May 10th
• Kuo: New AirPods Coming in 2019
• Apple Earnings Talk
Picks of the Week:
• Leo's Pick: Keep It Simple: The Early Design Years of Apple
• Andy's Pick: EveRyview's 3D-printed "iPhone Nano" case
• Rene's Pick: Aaron Pearce's HomeKit apps
• Lory's Pick: Apple Music Classic Metal Playlist
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.
- Apple Cracks Down on Apps That Fight iPhone Addiction - The New York Times
- Phil Schiller Lays Out Apple's Case for Cracking Down on Screen Time Monitoring Apps
- Apple: The facts about parental control apps
- Intel says Apple and Qualcomm’s surprise settlement pushed it to exit mobile 5G - The Verge
- What does Luminary’s very bad week tell us about podcasters’ collective power?
- Apple now repairing MacBook keyboards in-store, promising next-day turnaround time
- Turnover Hits Apple’s Famed Industrial Design Team - WSJ
- The 8-Bit Guy
- Apple’s Aperture photo editing software will shutter for good after macOS Mojave
- Apple has a full-time professional philosopher on staff
- Beats’ Powerbeats Pro earbuds will ship on May 10th for $250 - The Verge
- Kuo: Two new AirPods models in Q4 2019 – Q1 2020, one features an all-new design and higher price
- Apple 2Q19 Earnings Expectation Meters
- Keep It Simple: The Early Design Years of Apple
- EveRyview's 3D-printed "iPhone Nano" case
- Aaron Pearce's HomeKit apps
- Apple Music Classic Metal Playlist