At their MicrosoftEDU event, Microsoft announced the 13.5" Surface Laptop, which looks a lot like the laptop that Apple should be making. Luckily, Apple has a $250 billion pile of cash to soak up any tears they might shed. Rumor has it that Apple might announce a Siri speaker to compete with the Amazon Echo and Google Home at WWDC. Dok is a new malware that only affects Macs. Several major apps are abandoning the Apple Watch. Apple Pay might soon have a Venmo-like person-to-person payment system.
- Rene's Pick: BatteryPro from Elevation Lab
- Andy's Pick: Deckset: a markdown-powered presentation app
- Leo's Pick: XFence
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.
- Windows 10 S will fuel Microsoft’s Chromebook competitors
- Acer's first Windows 10 S laptop is the durable TravelMate Spin B1 ($300)
- Last time, Microsoft targeted Apple's creatives. Now, education.
- Microsoft introduces Windows 10 S for classrooms and a new ‘Surface Laptop’ MacBook competitor
- Minecraft Code Builder introduces programming to block-stacking students
- Apple’s Cash Hoard Set to Top $250 Billion - WSJ
- Looking for "the one sentence:" What to expect from Apple's earnings - Axios
- Major apps abandoning Apple Watch, including Google Maps, Amazon & eBay
- Repair Period for First-Gen Apple Watches With Battery Issues Extended to 3 Years
- PSA: Again, another reason not to open attachments from strangers | iMore
- Sources: Apple in talks to introduce person-to-person payment service
- Rumour: 'Siri Speaker' Amazon Echo competitor could see WWDC debut with Mac Pro style
- Deckset, (and Slidium) - Markdown-powered presentation app