Two more entries in the seemingly endless stream of Uber scandals. Scandal #1: Uber almost gets kicked out of Apple's App Store for identifying iPhones. Scandal #2: Unroll.me, which bills itself as an automated email unsubscribing service, sold data it gleaned from users' email to Uber. Apple slashes affiliate commissions from 7% to 2.5%. It is seeming more and more like the redesigned iPhone 8 might be facing production delays. Two years after its release to the public, the Apple Watch is both more than we expected, and less.
- Kelly Guimont's picks: Uni-ball Kuru Toga Hello Kitty Mechanical Pencil and Staples Arc Customizable Notebook
- Andy's Pick: MeFoto Walkabout Air Monopod
- Rene's Pick: Apple Watch Nike+ Band
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly.
Bandwidth for MacBreak Weekly is provided by CacheFly.
- Uber’s C.E.O. Plays With Fire
- Daring Fireball: On Uber’s ‘Identifying and Tagging’ of iPhones
- Controversies Take a Toll on Uber’s Stock
- Ming-Chi Kuo Agrees iPhone 8 Will Launch in September With 'Severe' Shortages Due to Delayed Production
- You'll know Apple blew it when it makes a fingerprint dongle
- Powermat CEO calls wireless charging a ‘standard feature in the next iPhone’
- On its 2nd anniversary, Apple Watch settling into role as fitness & notification wearable with Siri, Apple Pay
- People are freaked out that Unroll.me sold email data to Uber - Business Insider
- Gruber: Unrollme heartbroken? Give me an f'ing break
- “Anonymized” data really isn’t—and here’s why not
- Apple cuts App Store affiliate commission from 7% to 2.5%
- Uniball KuruToga Hello Kitty Mechanical Pencil
- Staples Arc Customizable Notebook
- Apple Watch Nike+ Band
- MeFoto Walkabout Air monopod